Welcome to Penguins Class!
Class Teachers: Mr Duggan
Classroom Assistant: Mrs Champion, Mrs Lewis and Mrs Dixon
In Penguins class we are kind, we are a community, we are curious and we strive for excellence!
- We know that it’s ok not to know something, because then we can learn.
- We help each other to learn, just like our school bees the Zip Twins.
- We always try and do our best, because that’s how we improve.
- We love art and enjoy improving our drawings, using critique. We make sure we are kind, helpful and specific, just like Austin bee.
- We are learning to listen well so that we can listen for learning, just like Buzz.
- We enjoy phonics and the challenge of writing.
- In maths we make connections with our learning, just like Brains.
- We love singing and moving to the beat of a song – we just can’t help clapping our hands and dancing to the music.
How Penguins learn
Each term we have a BIG question to answer; this driving question sets the learning for the term.
What makes a real castle?
Our classroom environment also reflects this question, giving us a fantastic space to experience what we are learning about, making it feel real and fun! It's so exciting when we receive challenges from different characters too.
Please read at home every day, researchers have discovered that those children who read every day will achieve their best at school and then in adult life.
Please click links below to see Termly Planning documents: